First hands on with the Olympus ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carol Darby Contributing Member • Posts: 561
First hands on with the Olympus ED 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO

While I am still patiently (lie - not patiently) waiting for my 150-400 I met up with MarkDavo this morning and he kindly let me have a play with the one he received 3 weeks ago. He was number one on the list and that is now my spot so hopefully my copy isn't too far away.

I was previously shooting with a Nikon D500 with a Sigma 60-600. I switched to Olympus to reduce weight. Slowly I have increased bodies and lenses and with the M1X and the 150-400 the weight has crept up again. Not quite as heavy as with the Nikon but still pretty weighty and I am going to have to build up my left arm somewhat. The lens was comfortable to walk around with but if working in one location I would be tempted to use a tripod or monopod.

But did I like it? I loved it. The image quality is fantastic. I will post a few images here. Nothing spectacular as we weren't there to get award winning shots. But I was very happy with the images I got and I can't wait to get my lens so that I can practice more and make the most of a superb lens.

Purple Swamp Hen

Little Egret

White-face Heron

Willy Wagtail

Eurasian Coot

Carol

Carol Darby's gear list:Carol Darby's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow