Need to upgrade Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tspear Forum Member • Posts: 66
Need to upgrade Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

My new camera body came, Sony A7R IV.

Over 99% of my shots are with two lenses, both Sigma for my Canon 6D.

I purchased the MC-11 converter thinking I was set, but ran into a small wrinkle. My telephoto lens is the previous generation which is NOT compatible with the converter.

So, I browsed through the images I took with the 70-200:

1. A few landscapes, mostly distance kind of shots where I was hiking to the top of a ridge line.

2. A few portrait shots, not many

3. A few "big occasion" shots where I did not want to be close. baptism, weddings...

4. The majority of shots with this lens are shots of family/friends doing activities. Skiing, hiking, water skiing, biking... you get the idea, sports activities.

A large number of the shorts are wide open at 2.8.

So, I was thinking of trading my older lens in for the new Sport version of the lens from Sigma which is compatible with the adapter.

Or is there a better solution? e.g. The assume the new camera body is so much better at low light I can get the Sony 70-200/F4 and accept a smaller aperture.

Budget, not sure. Likely would like to want to be under 1K including the trade in of my older lens, open to used in excellent condition.

Tim

tspear's gear list:tspear's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD +1 more
Canon EOS 6D Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow