Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 8,687
Another failed lens

So, after work today I decided to participate in this thread:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4582620

I took one of my V1s outside with a tripod, a 10-30, a 30-110 and my 10-100. I simply wanted to do what Sybersitizen did and shoot a scene with the 10-30 at 10mm, the 30-110 at 100mm and the 10-100 at both extremes. Pretty simple, only took a few minutes and I was back at my computer looking at the results. When I saw the 10mm shot from the 10-30 it was very fuzzy and thought “wth?” Anyway, long story short, the aperture is stuck at minimum with the safety blind half way across, forming kind of a D shape. This is a lens that was sent in for a precautionary check a year or so ago and has the black marker in the locking notch. I have a second one but it is at another house. This makes 3 for me so far, a 10mm, a 30-110 and now a 10-30. I guess I’ll use what I got and when they all fail I’ll pack em up in one box and send them all to our friend in Hong Kong to install metal gears. It really amazes me that Nikon hung their hat on this design.

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad
WSSA Member #450

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +26 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow