GFX 100 Used vs 100s

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EdwardWestonNYC Contributing Member • Posts: 609
GFX 100 Used vs 100s

So just to start off to say that.I've shot a ton of cameras (digital APS-C, 35mm, Medium format) and film (35mm, Medium format, and large format). I've owned the 50S, 50R and the GFX 100.

I have not used in person the 100s. But! I can say that the GFX 100s is a nice attraction given the price and specs. HOWEVER, although the same sensor, the GFX 100s is not the same camera (duh) spec wise (not just design) as the 100.

First, you do NOT have the ability to add the tilting EVF adapter because on the 100s the viewfinder is fixed. Now many of you may be thinking "okay, nah don't really need that" BUT once you'd used one, its a no-brainer at just how useful this really is.

NOW! It is not $4K USD difference better for sure!

But, the GFX 100 can be found used through online dealers in the USA with a warranty for $7,200-$7,800

The 50S grip is $600. Needless to say the 100s grip IF you decide at any point to get one is going to be equal if not more.

Fuji is about to release firmware update 4.0 which will bring the AF and system up to par for the 100s so spec wise they will be equal.

I just wanted to point out the value of the GFX 100 on the used market. The GFX 100 is still pretty much a brand new camera (especially since the waiting list when new was nearly 5-8 months from the release date)

Just wanted to let people know. Youtube and review sites are in the business of advertising and so there is a lot of talk about the 100s (and no doubt its amazing, but they keep comparing $6K with $10K prices).

PS, the 100 series is amazing. Image Quality, AF, Video, etc. But the 50 series is also amazing. Minus video, and eye/face autofocus. The 50R still remains the kind in design (feeling the most medium format film like in operation.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow