k3iii deep review when ?"dpr" Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
John Cal
John Cal Regular Member • Posts: 398
Re: What I have noticed about their studio pictures...

Peleg wrote:

Yeah, after I posted this I did find and read most of the article. But, to my eyes, the RAW was not much better. I only compare cameras RAW shots...I don't use or care how the jpegs look. I would think they need to send a new camera too. If another one turns out to have the same issue then Pentax has really screwed up again. I just wish people here would not attack the reviewers as much as show their ire to Pentax. For them to still have focus issues is inexcusable. I know this is going to cause a dogpile on me but I think Pentax needs to feel a little pain from their customers. I've been shooting w/ a Pentax for 15+ years. Love my K5, so I'm not some anti-Pentax troll.

I think you are spot on. Dont shoot the messenger. DPR has a large influence on people's desciion and has a responsibility to do due diligence in their testing.   I believe Pentax have produced an excellent camera, It would be a shame if it recieved less than the credit that is due, but also perspective issues need to be shown. I am sure that a follow up review will be done thoroughly with the latest firmware. Whatever the results are should be truthful to allow perspective buyers tomake an accurate informed decision. I will say from my veiw point, if you have Pentax glass you cannot go wrong with the k3mk3 for fast accurate images. Its a beautiful camera, I hope this is the outcome in DPRs future testing. If not I am still happy with this camera, it is more camera than I am a photographer. So I hope DPR does it right and tells it as it is. Don't shoot the messenger.

John Cal's gear list:John Cal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Pentax K10D Pentax K-7 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow