Tripod suggestions for a6100 with sel1655g

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tenganis Regular Member • Posts: 128
Tripod suggestions for a6100 with sel1655g

Hi everyone!

I was hoping to get your input. I’m going on a photo walk pretty soon organized by a local camera shop which I have been wanting to do ever since I started getting into photography again but it never worked out.

I have a super cheap Amazon tripod right now that I got a while ago (before I even got into photography) for school for a research project. It is super lightweight but unfortunately it’s pretty large (23-24 inches folded; I’m assuming there are smaller options even if heavier). 
The walk will be on the beach for about three hours and I’d love something a little more compact that will fit on the side of a backpack while hiking (the walk strongly suggest the use of a tripod at it will be at sunset in low light conditions).

I was wondering if you have tripod suggestions for my camera plus lens combo that will be more compact (and easy to carry for like three hours) than what I have but won’t break the bank (I rarely if ever use a tripod). I’d like to stay under $100 but I’m not sure if it’s realistic. In terms of load, I’d like it to allow for my a6100, the sel1655g (maybe the sel70350g when I can save enough to buy it), and my godox tt350s.

I’ve been researching online but I’m not super familiar with tripods and thought you all might have some helpful input!

Thanks so much!

Tenganis's gear list:Tenganis's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6100 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-55mm F2.8 G
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix A610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow