M50 as a second camera for wedding

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
wootpile Contributing Member • Posts: 735
Re: No

I've shot plenty of weddings through the years with SLR, Dslr and mirrorless systems. I had the Canon M50 for about 3 months then almost gave it away on the second hand market because of :

• poor battery life (this will bring you more headache than happiness during a wedding... or any type of shoot)
  • fiddly controls, lack of controls
  • poor evf, % poor screen
  • toy build quality

Granted, one can look away from all the faults since it takes decent shots, on a good sunny day, if you have the time, with nothing moving around but it's not worth the effort to use at weddings.

Weddings are a once in a lifetime event - no margin for error. For nailing those keepers, you are better off not bringing the M50 at all... it will get in your way, or you'll be busy changing the battery, etcetc

If you want a mirrorless body to get started, get a used Canon R  with adapter for 1400-1600 bucks.

If it were me though, I would get a used Sony A7iii with an eos adapter for 1200 bucks for the focus and battery life

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow