X-T2 Upgrade to X-T4 or Canon R6?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
10sj03 Regular Member • Posts: 440
X-T2 Upgrade to X-T4 or Canon R6?

I am considering upgrade of my X-T2. Main reason is missed focus when taking photos my kids sports activities like soccer, baseball and biking. Also like to have IBIS for non-sports photos. My current set up is X-T2, 16-55mm F2.8, 50-140mm F2.8, 1.4x teleconverter. My upgrade option is either X-T4, or move to Canon R6. If going to R6, then lens will be 24-105mm F4 and 70-200mm F4. I was a Canon shooter with 40D before moving to Fujifilm.

Reason for considering Canon is the body and lens set up is about the same size and weight as the Fujifilm, and similar DOF. Fujifilm F2.8 has more light gathering ability but it can be compensated by better noise performance of Canon full frame. Canon may also gives me more options, like going to F2.8 zoom, higher end body like R5 if and when I need them.

I am not brand loyal and will be happy with either. APS-C or full frame does not matter either. I consider camera as tools. I know upgrading to either X-T4 or R6 will not make me a better photographer, just to make it easier to get the job done

Any member has experience with both cameras and can share experience?

Joe

Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GKN
GKN
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow