K3 review from PC mag

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
FantasticMrFox
FantasticMrFox Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: K3 review from PC mag

Adam007 wrote:

His complaint about the "shaky" viewfinder is weird. I mean, that's literally your own hand shaking, Dude. I'm sorry if years of shooting of the LCD screen with your favorite mirrorless camera has dulled your technique.

If you want to see some crazy shake, try inputting the wrong FL into a ML body. That's your palsied hand on steroids. Ask me how I know!

Ahem, this has nothing to do with mirrorless cameras, it depends on whether the shake reduction is located in-camera or in the lens - because IBIS usually only springs into action the instant you take the picture.

Even before the advent of mirrorless cameras it has always been an advantage of Pentax' IBIS that all lenses benefit from it, even vintage ones, and it has always been an advantage of Canon's and Nikon's in-lens image stabilisation that the viewfinder image is stabilised even before you take the image.

You may call it poor technique, but precisely framing images of animals far away at 500 mm hand-held isn't all that easy without viewfinder stabilisation. When on safari in Namibia with the K3 and HD DA 55-300 WR I usually rested the lens on a beanbag sitting in the car's window, which made things much easier.

-- hide signature --

Portfolio, travelogues and reviews on my website: http://www.thefoxtakespictures.com

FantasticMrFox's gear list:FantasticMrFox's gear list
Pentax K-r Pentax K-3 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow