Good-bye Nikon FX SLR for now?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
romfordbluenose Veteran Member • Posts: 5,266
Good-bye Nikon FX SLR for now?

After my photo equipment has basically sat in my bags for the last 18 months during the pandemic and with the possible move to "Z" sometime in the future I have sold my D800 and various FX lens.

Why - well my interest in photography has been waning for a while, by this I mean striving to take the best possible photos in terms of IQ no longer really interests me that much anymore. I still take photos but my D7500 and phone cover all my needs for now. I do have a need for two SLRs for safari needs but doing that again is sometime in the future and can always rent a second body or buy one second hand and possibly a better one than the D800 for the same or less money.

I am also more than happy with the performance of my D7500 over the D800 for most uses and it is a lot lighter in terms of weight and have no need for two cameras whatsoever. If I have a problem with my one camera in an emergency I can use my phone.

I also have thoughts about moving to "Z" at some time but not convinced it's the right thing to do for now until the Nikon range of cameras and lens stabilizes.

So I have sold my D800, my 24-85 and 18-35 lens as they are not needed on my D7500. I have also sold my 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 as they were also just sitting in my bag doing nothing and I can rebuy them second hand when needed for probably less money.

I have kept my AFP 70-300 and 105 macro as they will be fine on my D7500. Now all my kit fits in a smaller bag except for my 150-600.

So goodbye for now I may be back and thanks for all the great memories from my D800

-- hide signature --

Please don't quote long posts, it just fills up the forum with repetitive information. Just replying to the poster or selectively quoting will make it all easier to read.

romfordbluenose's gear list:romfordbluenose's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD +5 more
Nikon D7500 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow