wishlist

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hans Groen Forum Member • Posts: 83
wishlist

I am not sure that this is the proper place for discussing products that I would like to see added to the MFT-system. Olympus just added the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm f/4 pro lens to their line-up, thus offering another super-wide zoom to the existing 5 or so zooms in the 7 - 25mm region, a good number of them offering a constant aperture (f2.8 or f4). At the tele-end, there is much less choice. Where most systems offer 70-210mm f2.8 or, considerably cheaper, f4, Olympus only has the 40-150/2.8, a 40-150/4-5.6, a 300/4, and an odd 75-300/4.8-6.7.

Why not go for a 40-150/4, make it even a 45-175/4, as that would be just about (ok, slightly larger than) the zoom ratio of the 12-45/4 pro. As the 40-150/4-5.6 is available for about €150, a 45-174/4 should be not more than €650 (with sales tax). I would think it nicer to design a moderate lens like that, in stead of trying to squeeze a couple of marbles from exotic glass into a 8 to 25mm zoom and having to rely on software correction so that the lens remains portable, and payable for the average (professional) consumer.

Maybe something for Sigma or Tamron to follow up.

Can you think of other additions to the MFT system that would be welcome as falling in between the cheap bottom line and the rather expensive pro-line?

Hans Groen's gear list:Hans Groen's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus 12-45mm F4 Pro +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow