Does anyone else do this.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
thinkinginimages
thinkinginimages Senior Member • Posts: 1,232
Re: Does anyone else do this.

DankCO wrote:

I cannot take photos using the LCD. It just doesn't work for me. Putting my eye to the VF is like shutting the world out, and I can concentrate better on the photo. Not to mention that I can hardly see the LCD in daylight + I'm farsighted. I just feel if my eye is not on the VF, I'm doing it wrong. Don't know if that makes sense.

That's OK. I wear varifocal glasses so farsighted isn't an issue with the back panel or any of the controls. I do take them off for using a viewfinder. The point is we all have our workarounds.

As for daylight some back panels are pretty bad in bright daylight. I've been tempted to try some one the stick-on pop-up hoods.

I'm used to all sorts of "viewfinders", from view cameras to rangefinders. One trick is to learn to point the camera in reasonably accurately before you fine-tune it with your eye.

thinkinginimages's gear list:thinkinginimages's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow