Options to Buy/Sell Sony Gear in Europe

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JayPhoto1 Regular Member • Posts: 191
Options to Buy/Sell Sony Gear in Europe

Good Day Everyone,

I thought I’d cross-post this inquiry in hopes of accessing the broadest audience for feedback. My wife and I recently moved from the US to Portugal. In doing so, I’ve found myself looking to make some major changes to my kits. My pre-COVID photography plans have drastically shifted with a new outlook now that I'm in Europe.  This includes downsizing as much as possible while acquiring more travel friendly equipment. With that, I’m looking for the best methods available to sell and buy equipment in Europe.

In the past, I purchased all new equipment from B&H and Greentoe while getting my used gear from the FM Buy-Sell site. I also preferred to sell my gear on the FM site as eBay’s fees are just not tolerable. Now that I’m in Europe, I want to minimize any international shipping cost along with the risks associated with customs and potential lost mail. Looking for a “B&H” type company that is reputable and reliable with decent customer service.

In terms on selling, I haven’t seen much European traffic on the FM Buy-Sell site so looking for options there as well. I guess if I could tolerate the seller fees, eBay might not be a bad option but the risks are still there. I have not looked into companies like KEH and MPB to sell my gear but suspect the cost to ship internationally along with their offer price might not make it worth the effort.

In any case, just looking for feedback and options from anyone who buys/sells Sony equipment within the European borders. Thanks in advance.

Jay

JayPhoto1's gear list:JayPhoto1's gear list
Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS R5 Sony a7S III Sony a1 +12 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow