First CAF head to head G9 firmware 2.4 vs OMD EM1MKII

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Interceptor121 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,793
First CAF head to head G9 firmware 2.4 vs OMD EM1MKII

Yesterday I attended an equine workshop

Had two cameras G9+Sigma 56mm and EM1MKII with 75mm shots were taken mostly at the distance to get the full horse in with rider.

I had the G9 set on multiarea animal detection and the EM1 on a 5x5 matrix in CAF

I shot the G9 in burst (horse were jumping) and the EM1 single shot at first sight seemed both camera nailed it

On further analysis the G9 did actually nail the focus perhaps the shutter speed should have been a tad faster

The shots with the EM1 were mostly out of focus with the camera having the green dot at the border between the horse and the grassy background. The horse was right in the middle of the 5x5 grid and I even had CAF center start set

It is the first time I had the camera together on the field and both lenses were suboptimal for the job but I was a bit surprised of the very few shots that are in focus. Perhaps if I had used burst it would have been better but there was no issue of any sort having the horse on the focus grid

Will post some images later I am quite surprised at this outcome

Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 II Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +13 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow