Beginner here...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Toronto Photography
Toronto Photography Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Beginner here...

FrancoD wrote:

Norm Neely wrote:

FrancoD wrote:

That makes a lot of sense. Might as well lose 256 G than one or two 32G.

I'm confused? Two 32G is 64G How does that even compare to a 256G card that you won't lose.?

Seems like one large card does make a lot of sense.

Toronto Photography +1 a big thumbs up

not if you lose it...

cards can be damaged, so would you rather lose (in the sense that it does not work anymore or indeed can't find) 4000 max photos or 32000 ?

What happens if the camera is stolen or dropped in water and you have all of your photos in one card ?

What about when you are in the middle of nowhere and our camera tells you that it ca't read that card? (if you don't have a back up...) ?

Anyway how many will take , with a camera like the OP has ,more than 4000 photos on one trip ?

You can still carry a blank card with you, however your more likely to lose cards when taken out of the camera. As you say its all or nothing. And you still going download the photos at the same time as the 32 anyway so your either losing photos you would not have taken (because your card was too small so your careful with your shots) or you lose the same photos as you would with the 32 .  The only issue is that if the card is defective or not.

Anyway I have lost many extra cards in the past until I went with one card in the camera and one small blank one just in case. Needed it once - had to transfer the photos then reformat the bigger card once because of reading issues.

Toronto Photography's gear list:Toronto Photography's gear list
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow