A7III vs Water (with charging port cover open)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alberto Diaz Acosta New Member • Posts: 2
A7III vs Water (with charging port cover open)

So yes, the other day I was shooting the milky way in Delta del Ebro, a beautiful wetland here in Spain and accidentally my A7III felt into the water, as I had the remote receiver conected by wire to the camera the side cover was open at that moment and sea water made its way into the camera, as well as some sand. It had the T* FE 16-35mm F4 mounted.

I took it out of the water as fast as I could (searching with my hand for some seconds in the pitch black night), it was covered with algae. I took out the battery and when I twisted the lens focal distance ring it made a crunchy sound beacause of the sand in it, and let me tell you ... it´s not a nice sound.

Of course I was absolutely sure I had lost the camera and probably the lens, but I tried to dry it as I could, left it with every door and cover open for a couple of days in a warm place, blow it with warm air from a hair dryer for a while and... this thing is back from the dead, I still can´t believe it. Even the lens rings, after drying and twisting them several times make no weirds sounds anymore.

While the camera was drying I was looking for another used one to replace it but now I feel like someone gave me a free camera

This is the shot from that night, I couldn´t take a longer exposure for the ground as I usually do so it is quite noisy. Anyway it will always bring terrifying memories to my mind

https://www.instagram.com/diaznightphotography/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow