New toys!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Autonerd Senior Member • Posts: 1,946
New toys!

A friend from the model train world, upon seeing my film photos on Flickr, asked if I would like a couple of his old film cameras -- and lookie lookie what he sent me!

Both are 1000s models. My friend was thinking there was 1 good and 1 parts camera, but they both seem to dry-fire just fine! They're a little worn, to be sure, and I only have one film wind knob between them, but I'm optimistic these tanks will still shoot.

I made sure he knew what these old cameras were worth -- I think he rescued them years ago from a junk-pile and is happy that they have a home where they will see some use. He wouldn't even let me pay the postage. (We'll make a charitable donation in his name.)

One has a waist-level viewfinder, the other a prism viewfinder with a (working!) meter. Lenses are 55 and 110 -- that 55 should be interesting, haven't worked with that FOV since I had a PC35AF point-and-shoot with a fixed 35. There's also a trigger grip and one of the lens hoods has a yellow filter. And his old Gossen Luna Pro!

They are certainly much lighter and more manageable than the RB67 and the C330 I've been using...

Eager as I am to try them out, I probably can't test them until next week. But seriously, how lucky did I get?

Aaron

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow