In stock and I ordered one at Popflash

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheMerchantofVenice Regular Member • Posts: 131
In stock and I ordered one at Popflash

As of 3:19 PM CST Popflash has one less 100s in stock, but they are said to still have a couple.

And to the actual reason I posted this message, I have for decades been a customer of B & H and Adorama. Where I live paying the tax on items ordered outside the state, until the last year or so, was a self reporting thing and left up to the honesty, or lack thereof, of the individual purchaser and was a major factor for lots of folks in selecting one of these vendors.

When I completed checkout at Popflash I noted that tax, in this case about $494.92 worth of tax, had NOT been added to the final cost.

I was sufficiently curious that I called Popflash and was advised that unless they sell over $500,000 in a state they do not collect tax for that state. Correct or not that's what they said. I didn't find it prudent to argue

(Greg, don't buy from Popflash, you'll push them over the limit )

Now, being the straight arrow type that I am, I will naturally self report this purchase to the state and pay the tax, but for the less upstanding and Puritanly (is that a word?) moralistic among us, I thought this might be an interesting data point.

For the sake of brevity, saving electrons, and avoiding the flogging of deceased equines, I would greatly appreciate the avoidance of a flurry of indignant posts regarding tax avoidance

Now that I've sent Popflash 6 grand, watch the next news flash on DPR describe the entire staff, their families, friends, dogs, next door neighbors, and pizza delivery guys being arrested and deported to Eastern Krazakastan for terrorism, wire fraud, jaywalking, and pulling the "do not remove" tags off their mattresses.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow