X Rite i1 Display Pro

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 7,164
Re: This is a very good question....

Ken60 wrote:

Thanks for that Bob, most interesting the argument in that thread of Argyle damaging their driver and the need for removal etc. The informed poster suggests its scare mongering !

Will Argyle write to the LUT on BenQ monitors ? I am not so far a big fan of pallet master software.

I don't think any software will programme any hardware LUTs in monitors. You have to use the proprietary software for that monitor.

Arguably, that doesn't really matter. You could calibrate the Benq or whatever once in the desired state using Palette Master, then use Argyll to profile - but specify profile only (tell it not to calibrate by unchecking “Interactive display adjustment” in the calibration tab). You end up with an accurate profile. The profile could drift a little bit, but that normally doesn't matter. What matters is that the profile matches the monitor.

I have a Benq, and I agree that Pallete Master is grim compared to, say, Eizo's Colornavigator, but I recalibrate no more than once every couple of months, and I can put up with that amount of grimness!

-- hide signature --

Simon

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow