How to carry EM1 ii w 300mm f4 pro lens?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barry Sp Junior Member • Posts: 44
How to carry EM1 ii w 300mm f4 pro lens?

How do you carry your EM1 camera with a heavy lens attached? The manual for my new-to-me m.zuiko 300mm f4 lens says the following:

"Do not hold only the camera body without holding the lens. The waterproofing characteristic or optical performance may not be maintained."

I can read this in two ways. One, don't try to take a photo without supporting the lens as the waterproofing and image quality will be temporarily compromised by the weight of the lens on the camera. Or, two, don't pick up or carry the camera by the body if this lens is attached, as it could permanently distort and damage the lens mount.

I always support the lens when taking a photo, so if it is number 1, above, then I am ok. So far I have also carried the camera by the lens as I walk with it, but that gets tiring after awhile. I would like to attach the body to a harness that I could let hang against my chest. However I am afraid to do that as the lens will not be supported in that configuration.

How do you do it?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow