Seeing Red (seeking comments and/or criticism)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NixonS Regular Member • Posts: 371
Seeing Red (seeking comments and/or criticism)

Hey all, I was wondering if I could get some comments and/or critique on one of my shots. I don't do night photography often, if at all. So any feedback on composition, framing and/or technique is appreciated

I've been getting into shooting 35mm film recently, and I thought I'd try some Kodak Portra 800 during the night on this particular day. I didn't know where to begin, but I believed a good method for getting a decent shot in low-light conditions was to 'chase light' wherever I could find it, and so I eventually stumbled across this shop in an alleyway which had the brightest, reddest glow I have ever seen. I think the end result I got captured the intense glow just how I remembered seeing it.

I think if I could give any self-critique for myself, it would be that it's a little mis-focused. I was trying to focus on the sign, but it seems a little blurry to my eyes? From a distance it doesn't seem that noticeable.

Any comments and/or criticism is appreciated, thank you and happy shooting

Shot with the Canon EOS 3000n, EF 50mm f1.8 STM, Kodak Portra 800.

Settings: ISO 800, 1/125, f/4 (? can't recall the settings exactly).

Scanned and developed by: FilmNeverDie with their Fuji SP500 scanner.

Edit: crop and straightening applied.

Seeing Red

NixonS's gear list:NixonS's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow