K3 review from PC mag

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PentUp Senior Member • Posts: 2,415
Re: K3 review from PC mag

Valeriu 64 wrote:

What did Pentax gain if it didn't put tilting screen and astrotracer in Pentax K3III? This caused many Pentax customers to give up buying the K3III. Many Pentax customers are not so much interested in birds in flight, but astrotracer and tilting screen do. In this fierce competition between camera manufacturers, you have to offer so that your customers do not go to other brands, it is a reality not a philosophy. That's why many Pentaxians went to Fuji, Olympus, Sony, Nikon. You can't wait 2-3 years to have a camera with a tilting screen, when most cameras usually have this for years. If Pentax did not put astrotracer in K3III, it had to put in pack an O-GPS1.

Meh… I would have preferred a tilting / articulating screen on the K-3iii, but that was not a dealbreaker. None of my other Pentax DSLRs had one so I’ve lost nothing. And I don’t give a poop about in built GPS, so no loss to me either. I have no complaints about Pentax DSLR bodies. I just wish that they would cater to MY lens needs specifically

PentUp's gear list:PentUp's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-50 Pentax K-3 Mark III +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow