P900 springtime birds

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Birdroyfinn
OP Birdroyfinn Regular Member • Posts: 271
Re: P900 springtime birds

p900learner wrote:

Yes Rick, you definitely have gotten some very nice shots. I find black birds hard to photograph - getting the eye to stand out against the black is difficult for me. He looks good. The others are in focus and look sharp. The woodpecker, I checked my Europe field guide and I think he's a Great Spotted if he were my image I'd judge him to be fine - yes you could pick it apart - maybe not as sharp as it could be, but still its fine.

I don't know, but I imagine this woodpecker to be in a forest setting where it could be lower light - our small sensor cameras can have troble in low light - you won't be getting a bigger sensor with a P900/950.

Overall from these images you are doing just fine. Be patient with yourself - no matter what camera you have it takes time to get the best out of a camera. FWIW, there are days when I can't get a decent photo - just the way it is for me anyway. The more you work with it the more images should be keepers.

Ev

Yes, black birds are hard to get good photos. In other photos light is coming from the wrong direction. As a rule, for best pics you need the light from behind (and that may not be enough).

Birdroyfinn's gear list:Birdroyfinn's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow