NBase-T nics for VMware ESXi?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 17,789
NBase-T nics for VMware ESXi?

Once again I'm trying to upgrade the speed of my network, specifically my iSCSI subnet.

I have three ESXi servers connected to two iSCSI targets.   The targets are QNAP NAS's.

I have the ESXi servers scattered around my house, and it's not trivial to rewire things.  I think I can make 2.5gb or possibly 5gb work on my older Cat5e wiring, and I have a 5-port 2.5gb switch to work with.

I will need to replace a QNAP NAS with a new one, but there are a number with NBase-T nic's.   I'm willing to do this (as long as I can lift the 4-drive array from one old QNAP and plug it into a newer one.   There I have questions on the QuTS Hero OS, if it will support my existing array.)

That leaves three ESXi servers, currently running ESXi 6.7.  I need NBase-T nics for each.   Currently they are each running an HP quad-port pci-e NIC.  There is room for another NIC.

I'd love to find a quad- or dual-port NBase-T NIC supported by VMware, but I'm having a hard time finding anything.

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow