What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
James O'Neill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,745
Re: What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

MarBa wrote:

James O'Neill wrote:

MarBa wrote:

But if this new FF limited is sharp and at least 2.4 .. then I'll for sure buy it.

All existing FA ltds are all faster than f/2 and very sharp
All existing DA ltds are slower than f/2

There are 20 and 21mm lens faster than f/2 on the market, so it's possible.

I'm not sure the 1/3 of a stop between 1.8 and 2 makes a lot of difference. Or the half stop between 2.8 and 2.4 for that matter.

On the images of the 21, it looked kind of small. So I think it will not be 2 or less. I'd be happy with 2.1

The photo here shows the body has a wider diameter than the existing fa ltds - assuming the base is the same size there's the bulge before the focus scale https://www.dpreview.com/news/2781433966/ricoh-announces-pentax-d-fa-85mm-f1-4-d-fa-21mm-limited-and-da-16-50mm-f2-8  - but if you run the video at 9:15 you can see the front element isn't the full size of the front of the lens (we'd often have a badge there, but this is even larger), so it's hard to judge. They may not have disclosed the aperture because to keep the quality acceptable the iris might not open to the maximum the glass allows.

James O'Neill's gear list:James O'Neill's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow