back button focus

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jeff23r Regular Member • Posts: 343
back button focus

apologies for some questions that may seem rather basic for many --  i have looked at youtube videos, done a search here etc, and think my questions are perhaps so basic that those start past where i am.

Have had more than a few dslr and mirrorless at this point and new to the Z 6ii - have seen quite a few here mention BBF, particularly for moving objects, but i have literally never used it --

is the af-on button already set up for use for BBF or must one change a setting in the menu?  i know to set af-c to "release" rather than "focus" but are there any other settings to change?

Presume you first set the camera in af-c, pick a focus mode, press the af-on button - must one hold the button once focused is locked or do you let go and press ok once you have taken the picture?  that is, does the focus hold once it hits after pressing the af-on button and only releases pressing ok?

Conceptually it makes so much sense at times over using the shutter button, but feeling rather ridiculous that i cant quite grasp how to set it up and use it

tremendously appreciate some guidance - apologies for the basic question

jeff23r's gear list:jeff23r's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR Nikon Z 24-50mm F4-6.3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow