What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
James O'Neill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,745
Re: What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

Breakfastographer 2 wrote:

James O'Neill wrote:

5r82 wrote:

Since this is a full frame lens, it will could be released with new K-1 Mark 3 one day.

Possibly the announcement it is shipping will coincide with the first showing of K1-iii prototype.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic now, because that would be a long way off - the next camera to be released will be APS-C.

General consensus is not. The investment in things which we see on the 3-iii was substantial and those things need to go other high price cameras.  There was something Asahi man said a few months ago which made those of us waiting for the next FF feel optimistic.  I'm hoping to see a K1-iii this year, but next year is more likely. But shown this year and shipping next year is possible.

I also don't recall it ever being stated the FA 21 Ltd would be co-released with the K-3 III.

The FA-21 was shown on some of the videos with the the K3-iii, but the body was pre-production and  the lens was a prototype. I don't think there was any suggestion they'd be sync'd up

I believe the speculation was whether the 16-50mm would be ready in time, and Ricoh at the time said "maybe".

Last word we had the new 16-50 was starting to be manufactured.  Since when it's all gone quiet.

James O'Neill's gear list:James O'Neill's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow