Quick flash question d850

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Penny123 Regular Member • Posts: 389
Quick flash question d850

Hoping someone here can clarify something for me before I head out to spend money resolving this.

I had the Nikon d810 and I never liked using the pop up flash to trigger my sb700 so instead have a neewer trigger, I had one attached to camera and one attached to the flash…. Set everything up in camera to trigger this etc…l

I recently got a Nikon d850 and went to mess about with the flash for the first time. Attaching the sb700 to the camera works fine if I want to bounce it off the ceiling etc… whilst mounted to the camera but if I want to use my triggers it doesn’t work, that section in camera settings is greyed out. I’ve done a bit of research and it seems this is normal.

I’m really just looking to to clarify I’ve understood properly that I need another flash to trigger my sb700? When that flash is attached the setting is still greyed out, what I’m confused at is looking at the list of the compatible flashes for the d850 the sb700 has mostly ticks against it but the option isn’t available in camera. Can someone clarify what equipment/flash I now need to trigger my sb700 remotely.

Many Thanks

Nikon D810 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow