Castlewood Canyon SP birds - Colorado

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Newbie Phewbie Senior Member • Posts: 2,030
Castlewood Canyon SP birds - Colorado

I don't often go out early more than once a week, but here I was - out on two consecutive mornings! This time, at Castlewood Canyon State Park in the company of a few experienced birders. Quite a learning experience for me.

The weather here has been brutally hot. Yesterday was no exception with the temps rising to the 90s in the morning.

Female Lesser-goldfinch. We saw quite a few American and Lesser goldfinches

A brown-headed cowbird. They lay their eggs in other birds (species) nests.Far off & very small in the frame.

Western Wood-pewee showing off its "vest"

A first for me - a Lazuli Bunting. Among the more spectacular birds around here.

Singing away - this bird was at the top of a tall tree, so I am pleased with the resolution I got.

A warbling vireo

Another first for me : Yellow-breasted Chat. The largest warbler in north america.

Say's Phoebe

A butterfly I haven't been able to identify yet. You can see how the lens resolves a thin stem that is between the subject & lens, but not close to the subject. I think it can be fixed in PS since there is enough detail available, but that's too much work for me.

Newbie Phewbie's gear list:Newbie Phewbie's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow