Macbook Air 13 vs Macbook Pro 13 (M1 Chip)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jjz2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,227
Macbook Air 13 vs Macbook Pro 13 (M1 Chip)

So thinking of getting a new computer soon as my current 2015 15" macbook pro is on its last legs... audio and screen issues.

Looking at the specs of these, unless I'm missing something, they are almost identical, with the only difference being a brighter screen and the touch bar of the pro? I use external monitor with external keyboard/mouse for serious editing and don't care for the touch bar... so not really beneficial for me.

Specced out with 256gb SSD and 16gb ram, I was able to get the Air priced out for 300 less... 1199 vs 1499.

I'd want to push dual 27 4k thunderbolt monitors when docked, but looking at specs, they look identical for this...again, unless I'm missing something.

I have a 1 tb ssd now, but since I move to either a thunderbolt drive for editing or dropbox for online file storage, I don't really need the bigger internal hard drive option any more.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow