What's the current status of the R5/R6 with overheating?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mattitude V1 Regular Member • Posts: 110
What's the current status of the R5/R6 with overheating?

I'm a Nikon shooter, strongly considering switching systems due to AF issues. Canon and Sony are said to be way ahead, so I'm looking into it. Canon is more expensive, but the R5/R6 seem like more complete cameras for what I'm looking for in terms of the ability to do both photo and video really well.

I know there have been a number of firmware updates to mitigate some of the overheating issues, but what is it currently like to shoot with the R5/R6? Would I be okay to shoot an 8 hour wedding with just photo coverage? What about photo and some clips? How much does shooting stills contribute to overheating?

My everyday job requires me to shoot events and relatively fast action. I need to know how reliable the cameras are going to be for serious work and whether it's worst selling off all my Nikon gear.

Mattitude V1's gear list:Mattitude V1's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow