Canon 90D & Tamron 70-200 F2.8 - No Video AF

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TaylorJay New Member • Posts: 2
Canon 90D & Tamron 70-200 F2.8 - No Video AF

Hey all,

Been experiencing a strange issue with my camera lens over the weekend and was wondering if anyone else had seen something similar.

When I'm in photo mode, the autofocus on my Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 works flawlessly. However, when I switch over into video mode, the camera says it's in Manual focus. The autofocus switch on the lens is still switched to AF - I've tried toggling it back and forth to see if I could get it to switch with no luck. Autofocus for video has worked fine on this lens a few weeks ago. I've tried re-attaching the lens, restarting the Camera, toggling the switches on the lens on and off for good measure, but I can't seem to get autofocus to turn on while in video mode. Attaching a different lens works fine.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting? The only thing I can think of at this point would be to do a factory reset on the camera but the idea of re setting up all my personalized settings gives me a headache.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow