Nikon glass on Fuji X bodies (Fringer, etc.) - in a bit of a quandry

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DeePeaAre
DeePeaAre New Member • Posts: 13
Nikon glass on Fuji X bodies (Fringer, etc.) - in a bit of a quandry

TL;DR: I have great Nikon glass which I can sell cheap, I wish to expand my Fuji stable of bodies/lenses, and then there's Fringer. Would you explore the Fringer solution, or ditch the Nikon glass and replace it with Fuji glass?

-- hide signature --

I already hate myself for asking a gear question, but I'm not sure the path I should take - looking for some opinions/advice.

I have an appointment with a camera store chain about 8hrs away (I live in the boonies) on Monday to sell some previously treasured Nikon glass for rock-bottom prices ($1500 USD offered for the following lenses, all of which are in pristine condition):

• Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED
  • Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED
  • Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
  • Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED
  • Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II

(Note: I have sold some gear 'locally' already, but apart from the 70-200mm and TC-14E, that market has shriveled up and I don't want the hassle of shipping to unknown entities).

I ditched the Nikon DX format when I fell in love with the Fuji X-T1...I have the following Fuji gear now:

• FUJIFILM X-T1
  • FUJIFILM X-T4
  • FUJINON XF18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
  • FUJINON XF16-80mm F4 R OIS WR
  • FUJINON XF50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR
  • FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR

I have plans to acquire two more lenses: something fairly wide, and the 70-300mm

I have plans to acquire one more body, something closer to pocketable (X-E4 or X100v perhaps - I may sacrifice my X-T1 as a result).

My photographic interests are varied: primarily landscapes and wildlife, but family activities, architecture/street, and a bit of macro factor in - I am an enthusiast who is still learning a lot. I'm older, on a fixed income, and gear size/weight is getting more important.

The Fringer NF-FX (FR-FTX1) presents an interesting sideshow, and I feel it muddies the waters a little in my case. All of my Nikon lenses appear to be fully supported, so apart from some slower AF potential, it may have merit.

Given what I hope is a fairly complete background, any advice/feedback would be most welcome. aTdHvAaNnKcSe

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow