Does anyone else do this.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jrtrent Veteran Member • Posts: 6,219
makes sense to me

DankCO wrote:

I cannot take photos using the LCD. It just doesn't work for me. Putting my eye to the VF is like shutting the world out, and I can concentrate better on the photo. Not to mention that I can hardly see the LCD in daylight + I'm farsighted. I just feel if my eye is not on the VF, I'm doing it wrong. Don't know if that makes sense.

If using the viewfinder helps you shoot better pictures, then that's the right way to do it.  I prefer using a viewfinder, too.

I will add, though, that some friends and family of mine that I occasionally go on trips with tell me that using a viewfinder is cheating.  They have all become cell phone photographers, and since they can't see anything on their screens in bright daylight, then I shouldn't be able to see anything, either.  Most of the time when I'm with them, I use a shirt-pocket-sized compact with no viewfinder so that we're all facing the same adversity in framing a photo and steadying our respective picture-taking devices.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow