There should be a mft webcam body

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 27,271
Re: There should be a mft webcam body

tehdehzeh wrote:

SDreamer wrote:

I can see the want, but I don't think any company would do it. You can pretty much get an older mft body that supports a clean HDMI out with a dummy battery for maybe the price of what a company would charger for a webcam like that.

Yeah, this is the path I'm looking at. Like a GH3 or a G7 so.

Or an EM1.1.

These are all still not that cheap though. I guess I could maybe be lucky and find a defective model where the defect is irrelevant for my use case (broken display or such)

No, an E-m1.1 will not work. Olympus did not support live view through HDMI until the E-m5 mark II came out. On cameras before the E-m5 mark II, if you plugged in an HDMI cable, it would immediately send the camera into review mode (on the assumption you hooked up the camera to a TV to review pictures).

But I believe the E-m1.1 supported delivering analog video output through a CB-AV3 cable, and you needed a compatible analog device to hook up the yellow RCA jack to. Resolution wasn't that great however.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow