Does anyone else do this.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
lilBuddha Veteran Member • Posts: 6,258
Re: Does anyone else do this.

DankCO wrote:

I cannot take photos using the LCD. It just doesn't work for me. Putting my eye to the VF is like shutting the world out, and I can concentrate better on the photo. Not to mention that I can hardly see the LCD in daylight + I'm farsighted. I just feel if my eye is not on the VF, I'm doing it wrong. Don't know if that makes sense.

I used to feel the same way. In fact, I've never used live view on my 5D.

However, getting a camera with an articulating touch screen changed the way I shoot. It really helps with low angle shots and allow me to better take in my surroundings and see things outside of the frame to use the screen instead of the viewfinder.

It is more situational for me and I will often use both viewfinder and screen.

I most often shoot on a tripod, I will pick a spot, turn on the camera, look at the screen for basic composition and then look through the VF for final composition.Unless the camera is at an angle that makes using the VF difficult. In that case I will use the screen throughout.

ETA: Adding to that, i find that activating the shutter with the touchscreen induces less vibration than the shutter button.

But, yes, the sun is always an issue.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow