Great for still objects in good light, but bad in poor light and for fast action.

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
Ikl land
OP Ikl land Regular Member • Posts: 134
Re: Great for still objects in good light, but bad in poor light and for fast action.

Ikl land wrote:

I picked up this as my very priest camera back in March. I have been very pleased with it so far. The zoom range is incredible, reaching up over 3,000mm! However, as expected, past 1500, it get quite bad quality. The high ISO levels create a TON of noise. The autofocus is a bit slow, but that’s expected with a point and shoot, though. If you have decent to great light and a subject not SO far away from you, and it’s not a bird in flight, you can come away with some fantastic images for a pint and shoot. I am a birder and bird photographer, so you can know what I’m using this for. I unfortunately can’t compare to anything as this is my only camera, but later this year I will upgrade. The controls are relatively easy to use. The viewfinder is a little small.....

All in all I think it’s a great starter point and shoot.
here are some of my samples.

forgot to mention that the image stabilizer is FANTASTIC.

Ikl land's gear list:Ikl land's gear list
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow