What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Breakfastographer 2 Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Re: What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

James O'Neill wrote:

5r82 wrote:

Since this is a full frame lens, it will could be released with new K-1 Mark 3 one day.

Possibly the announcement it is shipping will coincide with the first showing of K1-iii prototype.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic now, because that would be a long way off - the next camera to be released will be APS-C.

I also don't recall it ever being stated the FA 21 Ltd would be co-released with the K-3 III. I believe the speculation was whether the 16-50mm would be ready in time, and Ricoh at the time said "maybe". What the D FA 21 Ltd and K-3 III may have shared is speculation whether both colours would be released concurrently. I recall that at the time, they were still working out some kinks w.r.t. the paint on the silver version of the lens, while the K-3 III was potentially going to be the first (or one of the few, my memory probably doesn't go all the way back) Pentax DSLRs where the silver and black versions would both be released at launch.

It's a fair guess that the delay now has nothing to do with the lens paint.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow