CPH Airport answers question about film and security.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ulrik Christiansen
Ulrik Christiansen Senior Member • Posts: 1,942
CPH Airport answers question about film and security.

I am planning a trip to Spain later this year and thought about bringing my Mamiya C220. Of course, the airport scanners vs film problem came up, so I submitted a question to Copenhagen Airport regarding how to get film through security. I know from other threads that slow speed film should be no problem with the hand luggage scanners, but I wanted to see what the official answer would be. Here is it:

"Security has specific instructions when it comes to analog film in hand luggage, as they are aware, that these film my not be exposable to X-ray.
In these cases you will have to purchase a filmbag, so that Security can inspect the contents with their hands. If required, they may need to supply this with ETD-test.
The filmbag will basically function like a darkroom.
According to the regulations Security have to be able to inspect the film with their hands, hence they will need to be in a filmbag, so that the film won´t risk any damage."

Do they mean that I should bring my own darkroom bag which I use to get the film on the reel? Then, are they going to unroll the films...? How do you read their answer?

(ETD-test: Explosives Trace Detection)

Ulrik Christiansen's gear list:Ulrik Christiansen's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow