BenQ SW2700PT replacing a Dell U2713HM

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
newmy51 Forum Member • Posts: 56
BenQ SW2700PT replacing a Dell U2713HM

Hello DP Review,

I've decided it's time to take advantage of the technological advantages of the last eight years and upgrade my Dell U2713HM. I'm compelled by the $599 BenQ SW2700PT. My display needs are all photographic, no need for fancy refresh rates or uber low latency. How does this display stack up against my current one, and against its contemporary competitors? Will my Colormunki Display be happy with it? Is this AHVA stuff just mumbo jumbo or an actual improvement over the IPS of yore? Should the even cheaper BenQ PD2700Q be in the running for consideration as well?

Many Thanks in Advance,

-newmy51

Note: Probably helps to explain a bit more about my use/workflow. I am a taxonomist who generates a lot of raw field and studio/laboratory images, calibrated with ColorChecker profiles, in an effort to enable the describing/discerning of color as accurately as possible from said photographs from minutes to millennia after the fresh specimen is no longer fresh.  Most of my output is for web, but I've done some professional printing and aim to do more soon.

newmy51's gear list:newmy51's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow