Another 300 PF Thread

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Ex Barista
OP Ex Barista Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Another 300 PF Thread

CptAmerica wrote:

Ex Barista wrote:

I have (had) the 200-500 f5.6 but never enjoyed carrying and shooting with the beast. I wanted to find something to replace it.

I rented a 300 PF and 1.4 teleconverter from Lens Rentals and was very happy with both the ease of use and results. Fitting a 300mm lens into its compact size was pretty amazing to me. It is much easier to handle, for me, then the 200-500.

I decided to trade in the 200-500 and purchase a 300 PF plus teleconverter.

Anyway I sold my 200-500 to KEH for a bit over $850 and used that money to help fund purchasing a new 300 PF and 1.4 TC. The 300 arrived over the weekend and the TC is on backorder.

Here's a couple of pics with the Lens Rentals lens. Lightly edited and then threw away some pixels to make the subjects a bit larger.

Best Regards

These look a bit on the soft side to me. I would recommend the 500pf over the 300+TC, all day.

taken with 500pf:

Yeah I agree that my pics were soft.  I chalked that up to using a rental lens.  Nothing against Lens Rentals, just saying how they looked.

Ex Barista's gear list:Ex Barista's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow