CZJ Black Biotar 5,8cm f2 M42

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
TimHar
OP TimHar Contributing Member • Posts: 669
Re: CZJ Black Biotar 5,8cm f2 M42

fferreres wrote:

TimHar wrote:

I love these photos. While they aren't typically anybody's favorites, I like thes landscape, high detail shots with vintage lenses.

Actually, I don't use my Biotar 8/2 as often as it deserves it. It's a very sharp lens with plenty of resolution, great corners a little down, a nice warm palette, and some global contrast compression (good for scenes with high DR).

I find it as adorable and a bit higher resolving that another lens I really like, if you can find a very good copy, the CZJ 50/2 Pancolar (in my copies, the f2 is more to my linking and seems a bit different computation).

Thanks for sharing these photos. The last one could make for a nice print too.

Thank you:-) This is the first postwar version with 17 iris blades from 1949 this one is small and most likely has elements made before 1942. I have the third version silver 1Q (first quality) with 10 iris blades from 1959. It's much larger and has better coatings and a bit sharper. Some photos:

Silver Biotar 1Q 58mm f2 M42

I had Pancolar 50mm f1.8 Electric, your version has slightly different optical formula and is radioactive. Here are the photo from APSC camera:

CZJ Pancolar MC 50mm f1.8 Electric M42

Both lenses belong to Xenon-Biotar family with Lecia Summicron R 50mm f2 V1 and Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon. I had them all.

Leitz Summicron 50mm f2 Leica R V1

Leitz Summicron 50mm f2 Leica R V1

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon 50mm f1.9 M42

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenon 50mm f1.9 M42

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow