k3iii deep review when ?"dpr" Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,609
No dif...

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

I don't think they were allowed to even post/take images per agreements with Nikon before release. That's often the case were folks get a "body under conditions" before release. So there were no studio scene shots to include in the comparison tool prior to getting a body for review

Red herring. They modified the test procedure so the studio scene samples won't be affected by shutter shock.

No dif really than the way the modified the Pentax test procedure to show an example not affected buy the blur issue.  Unfortunately...there wasn't an in camera feature to help with that

So far...they have treated it the same IMO. After all, D780 took a big shutter shock hit in the review. If history is any indication...I suspect the Pentax body will be treated no different

Yet the K-3iii's studio scene samples were left affected by the shutter shock issue.

Not all of them...they showed how they got around the issue

I'm making an objective observation about their inconsistence in how they treated the K-3iii's shutter shock issue.

I disagree...they showed a blur issue in both the D780 and the Pentax...and showed how to avoid it in both cases.  That's consistent IMO ...though I'm still not sure it's Shutter Shock in the case of the Pentax.  They'll let us know if it is in the review, I think

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow