This thread is locked.
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,609
Sure..

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

JeremieB wrote:

And it's never been the purpose of comparison tool to warn users about shutter shock, moreover when in practice there is no warning message displayed when you use the tool.

Spot on. Obviously, the Studio Scene Comparison tools is supposed to show the camera's maximum performance, excluding factors such as autofocus accuracy, lens, shutter shock (yes, they try to minimize that although I'm not sure they succeeded).

That's not the case...it supposed to show comparison shots done exactly (as close as possible) the same across brands ....

Their setup is designed to eliminate variables and approach the camera's maximum possible quality.

Sure...while also being consistent in their setup.

And these shots aren't done exactly the same... for some cameras, the testing protocol was modified to avoid shutter shock.

If there was a feature in the camera designed to help with it.  Unfortunately that wasn't a possibility with the Pentax currently.  An update might fix that

DPReview avoided including images affected by shutter shock for any other camera.

Also not the case

Let's take the A7 (a camera known for its shutter shock issues) as an example. Here's the studio scene sample, and a shutter shock test sample next to each other. Same shutter speed.

See: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5ds-sr/9

Alex

So as I pointed out....plenty of shutter shock examples in the tool (obvious in both examples you linked here) and you can also see how to mitigate it by using the cameras own features.  At the moment...no way to avoid it with the Pentax yet other than by avoiding the shutter speed in that scenario.  But at least DPR showed it could be avoided if Pentax enables the EFCS feature.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow