k3iii deep review when ?"dpr" Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JeremieB Senior Member • Posts: 1,017
Re: right

Lothman wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

This was a first look not a review and they are investigating. I'm sure they will do there best to provide studio shots free of shutter shock...for the actual review comparison if it's possible. May not be possible ....as we are not sure yet the cause of the issue

well said, before there is not something published what dpreview calls "review" why bother?

They give us tons of information for free!!!!! And they point out that there might be an "issue"

I cannot understand the expectation of some of the top posting Pentax-SLR members. I would understand if they had to pay 20$ for a review-download.

It's a comparison tool, done in "lab", following some protocol.

The basics of science is to read and criticize what has been published, so it gets better, and is approved by a community. I really don't see what's the problem here, even if it's not a scientific publication, critics can't do any harm, and we presented arguments. If users find biases in DPR protocols, I'm pretty sure DPR would welcome the comments, because it's helpful too.

Then even if it's "free", it's used probably by many, which is great, and I stand by my point that as it is, it is doing unnecessary harm to the reputation of this camera for users who might be interested but not to the point they would try to find explainations buried deep Into the site. It might be temporary, and DPR may sincerely think they did it right, but I sincerely think they are wrong in this case. That's a point of method, their results are fine and they are right to share them - just not like that IMHO.

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow