Focus sound of the new XF 27 WR very loud?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Robmas4229
Robmas4229 Contributing Member • Posts: 978
Focus sound of the new XF 27 WR very loud?

As much as I loved the 35mm f1.4 lens, I couldn't live with the sounds it emitted when trying to acquire focus. Tried two copies and ended up selling both because of this.

I was wondering if anyone that owned both the 35/1.4 and the new 27/2.8 WR could comment on whether the 27mm is any quieter. Thinking about purchasing one but don't want to be returning it for reasons I could've avoided by doing some homework.

A couple of YouTube reviewers demonstrate the focusing sound, but it's difficult to determine how loud it really is because I don't know how close or sensitive their microphone was.

My local camera shop no longer carries the Fuji line of products in store so I can't check it out in person.

Yes I realize that whether something is noisy or not is  totally subjective and everyone has a different tolerance level so let's not get into that. I'm simply asking for a casual comparison.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Robmas4229's gear list:Robmas4229's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow