Show Your Snaps...June 14, 2021

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Stricnine Contributing Member • Posts: 995
Re: Show Your Snaps...June 14, 2021

I attempted to put more time on the Cat's Eye Nebula, that turned out to be an absolute failure, not one usable image out of the entire set. Making it worse were the insane number of mosquitoes, they were relentless and laughed off my use of Off. They bombarded me, flying right into me and bumping me withing seconds of stepping out.  Today I feel cruddy.  I feel  like I lost a quart of blood to those mosquitoes last night.

Before switching camera setups to image the nebula I took a few minutes to snag a few images of the Moon (try) to do an HDR from them.

As usual I couldn't get the images showing the dim area to work very well with the properly exposed Moon. So this image is a bit of a cheat, if you will. It's one image of the Moon from last night and one of a full Moon back in April. Some rotation, resizing aligning, and adjusting layer opacity was all I did. Much, much easier and faster.

Stricnine's gear list:Stricnine's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L III USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow