Nikon Customer Support on the Z50

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DankCO
DankCO Forum Member • Posts: 89
Nikon Customer Support on the Z50

I called Nikon Technical support. I had a simple question. (that should tell you I'm in trouble already)

My question. I am about to purchase a Nikon Z50 with the lens adapter to accommodate my other Nikon lenses. I needed to know if the Camera Hot Shoe was the same standard size used in D-series or do I need to buy all new flashes.

The Technical support person kept talking about the back of the camera. I told him "You realize the part of the camera I'm talking about is on the top of the camera?" He said "I thought we were talking about Flash Mounting." Me. "We are." Then he goes to the back of the camera again, then starts talking about $700 flash unit for the Nikon Z50.

3 calls later I'm still getting dubious answers to a very simple question.

If anyone can help, I just need to know if the Hot Shoe is universally sized?

Also I have great respect for bi-lingual people. However, if you go to work for a company you should at least be able to pronounce the name of the company correctly, just saying.

DankCO's gear list:DankCO's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Tokina atx-i 100mm F2.8 FF Macro +2 more
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow