Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,659
Not really...

JeremieB wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

A workaround might also be avoiding these shutter speeds. One could argue that the K-3iii does not directly support electronic shutter, and it's not certain they'll add that feature in a future firmware (they did that for the K-1); but there are alternatives.

Then best to leave the shot in as is....so the regular user will also know what shutter speeds to avoid. Take it out of the studio comparison and the masses may not notice so not pick up on the "workaround" you suggest

I think you defend something impossible to defend, sorry.

Not really...just pointing out it might be poor technique to not include/provide actual results one saw during a first look. I certainly wouldn't accuse you of trying to "defend something impossible to defend" (blurry results). I think you're making an honest assessment of your impressions

What the masses will notice is that at base ISO output from K3III is worse than any other camera, period. Which is wrong and misleading.

Not sure how you got that

And it's never been the purpose of comparison tool to warn users about shutter shock,

Again...still under investigation as to what it is and the cause

moreover when in practice there is no warning message displayed when you use the tool.

And there shouldn't be (when using the tool alone in isolation) ...just a comparison of actual results...and if one wonders the why of it...it's explained in the first look. If the results are the same for the final review...it will be explained there as well (just as it was in the first impressions article). The comparison tool was built by a 3rd party contractor if memory serves...and doesn't allow for warning as you suggest. Might be a great feature to add though...like the comments section of the gallery tool. Good suggestion!

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow