This thread is locked.
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,618
Re: first

JeremieB wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

PocketPixels wrote:

Since the blur was caused by shutter shock, DPR was correct to criticize this blur in its studio shots.

Was it? The studio shots are meant to show the camera's best image quality, in a way that's directly comparable with other cameras. Yet if you don't meet certain conditions (which might include the camera support)…

Read the D780's review; they found shutter shock there, too - and much uglier IMHO. But they did their best to provide studio shots free of shutter shock:

This was a first look not a review and they are investigating. I'm sure they will do there best to provide studio shots free of shutter shock...for the actual review comparison if it's possible. May not be possible ....as we are not sure yet the cause of the issue

Of course it's possible, they even provided a possible temporary workaround themselves: extract a frame from a pixel shift shot to use ES.

Might be a firmware issue....or something else.  May even be in contact with Pentax

But a casual user opening the comparison tool and selecting K3III has no idea that he's watching a "first look".

Does it matter if at that ISO, Aperture, and shutter speed (all done exactly the same as all there other studio shots) that's really the best they could get at this point.  They'll update if the final review comes up with a better shot.

Which leads to this kind of reaction : https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65228245

Seems an honest assessment at this point...it's not like they didn't try hard to get better and were honestly perplexed which led to more investigation.  After all, other users here got similar so it is what one might expect at this point in time

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow